Jan 30, 2012

Bookmark Project

Whenever I'm reading a book I tend to use whatever is the nearest 'paper-like' object around as my bookmark.

I've used photos, bus tickets, shopping receipts, my driving licence, sweet wrappers, newspaper clippings, foreign currency, a piece of tree bark, an actual book (although it was slim) and once, strangely, an unfried slice of bacon.

The problem is, when I finish a book, I often forget to transfer the bookmark that I've been using and so over the years, I've  misplaced many of my cherished photos and lost my driving licence on more than one occasion. I know I could 'just bend the page' but I'm just not that kind of person.

Then I saw this wonderful idea over on d.Sharp journal about making your own bookmark from an old envelope.
Image: d.Sharp journal
There are plenty of ideas out there to recycle old envelopes (and I've probably even used a few as bookmarks) but this is such a clever idea.

Simply cut the corner off an old envelope that you were going to throw in the recycling bin anyway.

Image: d.Sharp journal
Then slip it onto the corner of the page.

Image: d.Sharp journal

If you happen to be one of the those people who give books as gifts, you could make a personalised one and scribble a little note on it about why you love that book.

It's a nice little fun idea that couldn't be simpler and I'm pretty sure they would prefer to use it as opposed to a slice of unfried bacon.

2 comments:

  1. I love this idea! Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the idea too. It's so simple and clever and a great way to reuse an envelope.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...