Aug 30, 2012

Lamp Shade Project #2

Image: demilked
Continuing my quest for the perfect lamp shade, I have discovered the designer Edward Chew, who makes these stunning lamp shades from discarded tetra box drinks cartons. The design is an incredible example of how a waste product can be re-purposed into something that's amazingly funky and looks like a disco ball light for the 21st Century - and lets face it, who doesn't love disco balls?



Image: demilked
Using approximately 450 empty soft drink packets. The boxes were unfolded and then transformed into 108 hexagons by cutting 6 strips of 6 squares, each 130mm x 21mm, to form a triangle.

Image: demilked
The triangles are then assembled into geometric shapes by folding them into hexagonal and pentagonal sections.
Image: demilked
Image: demilked
Image: demilked
Image: demilked
They are then assembled without the use of any adhesives.

The end result casts an impressive web of shadows and shapes on the surrounding space.

Image: demilked


Image: demilked
 In Edward Chew's own words:

“Packet drinks are one of the most favored soft drinks among Malaysians. We just love sipping packet drinks wherever we go and never actually bother about the thousands of boxes we discarded off after each quench, despite knowing the fact that landfills across our country are bursting at the seams.Perhaps, it’s about time we adopt a paradigm shift in our attitudes towards making this world a better place. As for me, here’s a little GREEN step I am taking to help reducing the amount of waste going to landfills. Introducing TetraBox Lamp. You will never look at empty packet drinks the same way again!”


Next week - Photo Montage Lamp Shade.
Image: Under the Sycamore Tree

3 comments:

  1. Thats a lot of drinks, poor Gus will become addicted to sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I can source Dr Pepper for myself I could probably get my hands on some Cherry Vimto. Failing that - he could get easily get hooked on Ribena Plus (with added calcium) Ohhhhhhh.

    Either way. 90 weeks from now - he'll be as high as a kite and we'll have an amazing Disco Ball. Woop Woop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and the suppressive treatment did well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal cure. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only appeared to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...