Sep 3, 2012

DIY Jet Pack Project

Image: Doodle Craft
The three greatest words any child needs to hear should be - 'I love you', but I'm pretty sure most of them (well mostly boys, probably) would easily swap them for  - 'homemade jet pack.'

If you have a young kid in your family, plus a few recycled soda bottles, then this incredibly creative idea from Doodle Craft will propel your once measly status of older brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle, or grandparent into & beyond the stratospheric position of  'coolest older brother, sister, mother, father, aunt, uncle or grandparent ever'.


All you need is 2 x recycled two-litre bottles.
Image: Doodle Craft

A piece of recycled cardboard wide enough to fit the child's back and some webbing to make some straps. Most DIY stores will sell webbing by the yard or metre but you could use string or ribbon. You just need to cut holes in the cardboard and staple the webbing to secure it.

Image: Doodle Craft

Using a spray can of silver paint (or colour of your choice), spray the bottles lightly with a coat of paint. Let it dry for at least an hour.

Image: Doodle Craft

Next, cut out some 'flames' from some orange and red felt which you can pick up in most arts & crafts shops and glue them into the spout of the bottles.

Image: Doodle Craft
Image: Doodle Craft

Glue the bottles to the cardboard and there you have it. Your very own homemade jet pack.

Image: Doodle Craft
As for the kid in my family, he might have to wait his turn. The 7 year old me is bursting to try it out.

I wonder how many more weeks is it to Halloween? Because I just might have found this years costume.

.

1 comment:

  1. I’d recommend using Dr. Utu Herbal Cure topically for instant pain and itch relief as well as accelerated healing of lesions and permanently stopping oral and genital herpes virus outbreaks. I have tried just about everything from acyclovir suppressive therapy to different natural oils, extracts, and other natural methods, some of which are EXTREMELY painful and exacerbate the problem (i.e. apple cider vinegar!). While vitamin E oil and suppressive medications worked well for me, when I became pregnant I went back to trying to find a herbal remedy. I was using vitamin E oil topically for a while but it was thin and difficult to use and only seemed to prevent further outbreaks rather than getting rid of it. I contacted Dr. Utu Herbal Cure through my friend. To my surprise, I could tell my outbreak was starting to heal within only a few hours! No more itching and pain! Dr. Utu Herbal Cure that I used was liquid herbs in bottles, so it was very easy to use. It simply whiffs, but it works so I don’t care! The best part of my testimony was that I successfully delivered a herpes-free beautiful daughter without further medications. Anyone who has tried Dr. Utu Herbal Cure knows just how quickly those treatments can add up. So give it a try! Anyone can reach Dr. Utu through
    drutuherbalcure@gmail.com
    +2349072733661

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...